Elijah- Trusting God in Difficult Times
I Kings 17:8-16
- The Cutting Places of Life Have Their Benefit.
- At Zarephath Elijah was to be tested and toughened in a deep moral and spiritual dimension.
Zarephath means “the place of refining.”
Three things would refine Elijah
- The distance he was to travel.
- The place he was going.
- The person he was sent to be with.
- The secret to strength and serenity in human relationships is to shift our immediate attention from ourselves and our suffering to that of another.
- Elijah took his cue from God not from his contemporaries and therefore became a channel through which God could do a miracle.
- God honors those who honor him.
1 Kings 17:14 For this is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘The jar of flour will not be used up and the jug of oil will not run dry until the day the Lord sends rain on the land.’”